Monday, March 10, 2008

I HATE Migraine's!!!

Yes, that's right, I hate migraine headaches! I was having the most perfect afternoon yesterday, I was going to study, play outside, go to the gym, do laundry, clean the car and get everything done I needed to get done until....BAM!! If you have ever had a migraine before you know when they are coming. I was contently sitting at my computer typing up a study guide for my test this week when I noticed my eyes started going blurry and something wasn't right. I have these pills I am supposed to take when I feel the symptoms coming so I took one of those quickly! Needless to say it didn't help, things just kept getting worse. I couldn't type, I couldn't think, I was a mess!! All I could do was lay down and they hard part about that was that I wasn't even tired. I knew the only way to get rid of the stupid thing was to sleep in a dark quiet room. First of all it's hard to sleep when your head is pounding and the room is spinning and second I was far from tired. Anyways, this lasted FOREVER!! I ended up crying for about 3 hours last night, it was awful!! Miguel wasn't home so it was just me, so sad. It hurt like no tomorrow, I just wanted to die!! If childbirth is at all like a migraine, no kids for me, i hate it!!! Fortunately I don't get these nasty things too often, but no matter when they are it's often enough. The only thing that I can think that triggered it was maybe too much caffieine. I did have a little too much yesterday and never will I do it again. So, anyways, now it's Monday night at about 9:00pm and and I am beginning to see the computer much clearer, but still not perfect. I guess these dumb things can last anywhere from 4 - 72 hours!!!! YIKES!!! What a waste of a day!! This all started at about 4pm yesterday and now, 29 hours later I've got nothing accomplished other than crying, feeling sorry for myself and missing a day of work. I hate missing work, especially clinic days!!! I hope all of my work buddies know that I felt horrible and if i could have been there I would have. Anyways, that is my migraine story. For those of you that have to deal with these nasty things i am sorry, I feel your pain!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I have never had a migraine and I hpe that I never do. But I did get a cold this weekend. I had so much to do and spent the whole weekend in bed. So I feel your pain there.