Wednesday, November 5, 2008

No Desserts!!! What???

Some people at work, including myself are doing the "No Dessert Challenge." The challenge goes from November 1 - December 31. Yes, this seems like a very long time and a very hard task, especially through the holidays. I have to report that it actually hasn't been as bad as I thought and I've already survived 5 days!!! I am proud of myself for accomplishing those first 5 days and I know I can keep going. I may have to make a few exceptions as Thanksgiving and Christmas come around, but the way I look at it is that I have cut back and shown improvement. I have avoided going to the candy jar and having to have my mid-afternoon chocolate fix, this is quite the improvement. Iwill keep you updated as the challenge continues and I wish everybody else that is doing the challenge the best of luck!!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Whoa, good luck with that! That will be hard to do. I don't think I could do it. I am way too addicted.

Kindra said...

You are awesome for attempting that! I am not even going to try, but I am WAY proud of you. :)

Amber said...

More power to ya, but you're nuts! I can't do that. For me it's all about moderation, self control and portion size! And I won't tell if you eat pie on Thanksgiving or Christmas, that's apart of the day!