Saturday, December 26, 2009

Advice...

I need some advice on car seats/strollers, etc. We have seen a couple car seats we like that have gotten great reviews. There is one that holds up to 22 lbs and one that holds up to 30 lbs. They both come with the stroller combo. Does anybody have any recommendations on whether to get the 22 lb or 30 lb and if it's beneficial to get the stroller combo??? Too many choices, this is overwhelming. :)

Thanks!!

2 comments:

Kindra said...

Well, the benefit of having the carseat that holds up to 30 pounds is that you can still take the carseat with the baby in it if he is asleep, etc. Babies should be in a rear facing car-seat anyway until they are a year old and 22 lbs or more, then they can face forward. But it might be kind of difficult hauling around a 30 pound baby in a car-seat anyway... He most likely won't reach 30 lbs by a year... Unless you give birth to baby hulk... :) But by a year, kids are pretty attentive and want to look out the window, etc.
Also look at how "snug" your little baby will fit in either car-sear. If you go with the larger one, make sure that he is nice and snug, to not move around a ton.

Amber said...

I researched strollers for months when I found out I was expecting. For me, I really don't like the stroller/car seat combo, they are too bulky and heavy. I purchased the Kolcraft Contours 4 Wheel Stroller. I love it because it will fit any car seat on it's base and can face forward or backwards and it's pretty light! It's really easy to move around, it's sporty and I get compliments on it all of the time!