Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What's Going On?

Most of you already know, but maybe some are wondering what has been going on the past couple of weeks. Without going into too much detail here are the basics...

It all began on Thursday, January 28. I was in and out of the hospital the whole weekend for preterm labor. I was then admitted Monday, February 1 for further observation due to some bleeding. Late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning the bleeding had increased so I was transferred to a different hospital with a better NICU in case baby Molina decided to make an appearance at only 29 weeks. I have been in the hospital ever since for close observation. (They are thinking placenta abruption) I was released to come home on Tuesday, February 16 still on bedrest and not able to do much of anything. I am now 31.5 weeks and baby Molina is still cooking. :) We hope he hangs on for at least another 3 weeks.

I am doing fine, hanging in there. I thank all of my friends and family for your support during all of this. You have all been great, sending messages, calling and even coming to visit. Miguel has been amazing! It has been stressful for both of us, but we are staying strong and trying to do what is best for me and the baby. We know it will all be worth it in the end.

6 comments:

The Vigil's said...

Oh I am sorry to hear you had to go through that. Scary scary! Well I am glad that things are going better for you guys! Hang in there! Well wishes to you all :)

Sara said...

Jen I am sorry to hear about all the stress that has gone on. I'm glad to hear that he still hanging on in there though. Good luck.

Mollie and Jason said...

Jen I hope you are okay! We miss you. If you need anything let me know:)

Kindra said...

I am really happy that you finally get to go home. I am even happier that the bun is still in the oven!!! You are one tough chick. Let me know what I can do for you!

Amber said...

I'm glad that things are going better and that Baby Molina is still roasting! I have missed you at work! Conner and I want to come and see you so let me know when we can come! Love ya!

Ariel said...

I am glad to hear you are doing okay. I miss you! I hope that little baby hangs on a little longer! Hope to see you soon :)